...

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bridesmaids Movie Review



Annie's life is a mess. But when she finds out her lifetime best friend is engaged, she simply must serve as Lillian's maid of honor. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love.


 

 
Watching the movie is very timely because I am actually preparing as the Maid of Honor for my best friend’s wedding. This is going to be my first time and the movie gave me the bigger picture of what it would like look pretty soon. I love the humor. I was expecting the usual chick-flick type of romantic comedy but instead I got a Hang-Over style comedy. I hate to compare but the two movies are both great. I forget the last time I watched a female driven comedy as good as Bridesmaids. Kristen Wiig and together with the cast, for me is perfect for their roles. The all female set plus their relationships in the movie is something I love in the film. More than the comedy, the film is altogether funny and touching at the end. I cried in some parts of the film, especially in the end. Even if you are not a bridesmaid you will love the movie. Best to watch with your girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails