...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Eat Pray Love Movie Review



Liz Gilbert had everything a modern woman is supposed to dream of having -- a husband, a house, a successful career -- yet like so many others, she found herself lost, confused, and searching for what she really wanted in life. Newly divorced and at a crossroads, Gilbert steps out of her comfort zone, risking everything to change her life, embarking on a journey around the world that becomes a quest for self-discovery. In her travels, she discovers the true pleasure of nourishment by eating in Italy; the power of prayer in India, and, finally and unexpectedly, the inner peace and balance of true love in Bali. 








Indeed, there really is more than one way to let yourself go and see the world. The moment I saw the trailer, I liked it already. After I watched the movie, I loved every scene and every word. The Story is not your typical drama of falling in love, getting hurt and getting back at your feet. I love the small details that happened in Liz' life that lead her to where she is right now. The fact that this is a TRUE story makes it more appealing to the audience. The Direction is brilliant. I just love how they showed the good food finds and the history of Italy, how the movie educated us on ashram in India and how the movie teaches us the balance of life in Bali. The scenery in every country is superb. Witty humor is present too, look out for Ketut. The musical is perfect with every scene attached to it. The Actors, award winning, starting of with Julia Roberts. Throw her any character and im so sure she can pull it off, muffin top or no muffin top. Julia's lovers, James Franco and Javier Bardem were either adorable and sexy in their roles. 


Change is the only permanent thing in the world, they say. I would have to agree. I was once asked, If there is one thing in the world that I want to change, what would it be and why. I answered that I wanted to start the change in myself first and then influence others.








Opening across the Philippines on Oct. 6, Eat Pray Love is distributed by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails