...

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Movie Review

Sherlock Holmes has always been the smartest man in the room... until now. There is a new criminal mastermind at large - Professor Moriarty - and not only is he Holmes' intellectual equal, but his capacity for evil, coupled with a complete lack of conscience, may actually give him an advantage over the renowned detective. Holmes' investigation into Moriarty's plot becomes ever more dangerous as it leads him and Watson out of London and across Europe, to France, Germany and finally to Switzerland.

I remember the first time I watched the movie, I can only say one word. GENIUS. And even up to the second film, I can only tell of Holmes brilliance or rather, Downy’s brilliance in portraying detective Holmes. The idea of the 19th century politics, economy and warfare is the made the base of Holmes case more complex. Though I haven’t read any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes books, I am amazed at how he made Sherlock a genius in his field with considerable skills and at the same time creating an equally genius match in the form of Professor Moriarty. I’m not exactly sure if the movie followed the book by I like how Director Guy Ritchie created Sherlock Holmes capability of knowing the next move thru the slow motion stunts. I am in doubt too if this is the last instalment of the Sherlock Holmes series and I am basing this thru the ending of the movie which is a must see.

Sherlock Holmes is distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails